As all of you might be knowing, gaming has now taken the whole new turn. Gone are the days when gaming was just a stress buster. Now, one can easily make money gaming and people are seeing gaming as a career option. Now, you can not only make money by creating games but you can also make money playing games. There are many ways for you to do.
Many people have already established their brand as a gamer. If you are into gaming, you surely might be knowing Shroud, Ninja, etc. Professional gaming players can make money playing games online.
We will be seeing various ways you can do the same thing. We will cover some of the most common ways as well as we will see some of the unique ways. By following these, you can make money playing games on android, PC, Console, or any other devices.
Can you make money playing games?
Yes, in this online world, you can make money playing games. We will be seeing the various way and we will see how you will get the money. The tutorial is for everyone who is addicted to playing games. You don’t need to be a professional player to make money gaming.
Depending on the gaming career, you will need some skills. We will talk about it as we go.
So, the short answer over here is yes, you can make money playing games online on android, PC, or IOS. The device really doesn’t matter. Most people think you can only make money playing games if you got a Playstation or Xbox.
Methods to make money gaming
We will see some of the ways to make money gaming. You can choose one or even more of these ways to make money.
#1 Become a Game Streamer
Before you assume that you will need to be a professional player, let me clear it. You don’t need to be a professional player to become a game streamer.
How to be a game streamer?
If you are treating gaming as a career, you will need to make sure that you have the right setup and platform.
- You will need a setup for live streaming. You don’t need high priced fancy setup but you surely need an average setup that works smoothly if you want to make money playing games online.
- Next, you need to choose a platform for streaming.
- You will then understand why your audience will watch you. You will only make money playing games if you have an audience.
The first thing is understanding the setup. You need to choose a game that you can play on your PC or Android/IOS mobile phone. Yes, you can also stream the game from your mobile phone too. For instance, if you have 1 GB ram, you can’t play Pubg mobile, you need to play Pubg mobile lite instead. If the game lags, you need to improve your setup. It won’t be possible to make money playing games if it lags.
Once you choose the game, you need to be sure that your device can smoothly run the game. If you choose to stream GTA 5 RP, make sure it works well. In the same way, if you love Pubg Mobile, make sure your device can run the game easily. You can take a game here such as Fortnite, Minecraft, or you can play various games. Just make sure your device can run it.
The next thing is learning why your audience will watch your stream. There are thousands of things you can do to attract your audience. You don’t need to be a professional player to be a streamer. Here are some of the ways you can stream that will make your audience watch you.
- You can either be a professional player who plays perfectly well. You can choose a harder game and try to complete it.
- The next choice you have is you can entertain people. If you do comedy while you are gaming, people will watch you. This could be with your commentary or you could troll people in a multi-player game.
- You can also teach people how to play the game. If you are teaching your audience and giving them tips, they are more likely to watch you play.
- If you’re playing a PC game, you can use various mods and do some unique stuff. For instance, jumping from the highest building in GTA or stopping the train in GTA 5 will give you a lot of views.
- The next thing you can do is try out unique games in a particular category.
Setup, tools, and platform for streaming
You will need a perfect setup as we have already mentioned. The most required thing is the internet connection. It is necessary to have a high-speed internet connection to do a live stream.
Nowadays, as more and more games are also available for android/IOS, it has become easier for anyone to make money playing games on android or iPhone. You can now easily earn money on android by playing games like Pubg mobile, Codm, Free fire, and even the classic games Minecraft are available on android device.
Depending on the device, you can do live streaming.
- For PC, OBS Studio and Wirecast are the best tools.
- For mobile gaming (android and iOS), you can use Omlet Arcade for streaming
So, you have the tool, the next thing is choosing a platform.
- Youtube Gaming
Along with Youtube Gaming and Twitch, there are many other platforms such as Omlet arcade, Bigo live, Tango, Smashcast, etc. You can use any of these for streaming gameplay and make money gaming.
The next thing you need to do is create your channel, logo, and create some graphics for thumbnail. We suggest you not to go fancy when you are just starting. You can do all of these later on.
The tools recommended here are
How will you get money by the gaming stream?
- You can take sponsorship
- Most platforms allow you to keep a charge for being a member. You can give special benefits to your member. The person has to pay a fee to be a member. The platform will take some percentage as their charge and you will get the rest of the amount.
- You can make money by donations that people give. YouTube and Twitch both allow you to do it and people will donate a lot.
- The next thing you can do is edit some amazing parts of the stream and upload the video as a Youtube video.
#2 Become a Youtube gaming star
Much similar to the above one, this is for the people who want to make money gaming but they are not able to entertain people neither they play good enough. In reality, you are just conscious and nothing.
So, this is the next thing you can do. You can start a Youtube gaming channel. You can screen record your game. Now, you need to cut the best parts. It could either be the best part of the game or it could be the funny moments.
Alternatively, you can surely post the entire gameplay with the tips. If the game is hard and people are stuck on a specific level, they might search for help.
You can not only upload these in Youtube gaming section but you can also upload it on Tiktok, Facebook, Instagram, and various other platforms.
But you are here to make money playing games, right? So, if you don’t know how to make money from games, here is the way. You can show ads on Youtube and make money from Adsense. Also, you can take sponsorship from brands and make money with that.
Once you have the audience and you are confident enough, you can turn towards the live streaming.
#3 Gaming Tournaments
Now, this might sound weird for some people if they are completely new in gaming. There are many games where you can take part in tournaments. These tournaments are held in online video games where you can make huge money.
Did you know about the Fortnite tournament, the name of the tournament was inaugural Fortnite World Cup and the winner of the tournament got $3 Million (USD). The name of the winner is Kyle Giersdorf who goes by the name “Bugha”.
Honestly, most people can’t reach that spot but there is a simple thing that you need to understand.
- The given price was the first winner, there are thousands of other rewards that you can surely get.
- There are country-level competition and tournaments which are easier to win.
- This was for the Fortnite game, you do realize there are thousands of other video games that have similar competition, right?
- Today, some of the coolest android games and Ios games even provide in-app rewards. In other words, you can directly win from your mobile phone. You will find these games on the Apple app store and Google Play Store.
However, to win this competition, you need to be a professional player. Some of the games do have random rewards but that can’t be treated as MONEY. I mean this guide is all about treating gaming as a career option and to make money playing games, right? So, we shouldn’t calculate small rewards.
#4 Game tester/reviewer
Well, this is a dream job of many people but it’s not as easy as it sounds.
Let me first explain something about game testing. You can make money by game testing. When a company develops a game, they hire some people to test it internally. Thereafter, once everything is set, they launch the beta version of the game.
You can be one of the game testers in the pre-level. You need to find some of the game development companies and apply them as a game tester. You can also use services like Fiverr to provide your services. Both of them work well and you can earn money from game testing.
Further, if you want, you can also start a blog about gaming. You can post reviews about games and make money by game reviews which are paid. You can also monetize your blog by Adsense and other ad networks. Not just blogs, you can do the same thing as a Youtube channel. You can post things like “Top 10 action games for android” and similar things. You can insert gameplay and add the commentary, it’s one of the ways you can make money playing games.
In this way, you can either be a game tester or you can try game reviews. Instead of reviewing all the games, you should either select a category or you should select a device. For instance, you can go with Xbox game reviews or you can go with action game reviews. In this way, the competition will decrease and it will be easier for you to make money by game reviews.
#5 Create a game
We talked about how to make money playing games but this one is different. Here, you are not to make money playing games instead you are creating one.
There are three ways to create a game.
- You can learn Game development and create it by yourself
- You can use online services to create games
- The last option you have is to hire somebody to develop a game for you.
“But creating a game will cost me a lot”. Well, NO. We are not talking about creating huge games. Instead, we are going to create small games. There is a term known as “Indie game developer”. These are either an individual developer or a small team that creates small and interesting games. It’s not hard to be an Indie game developer. If you don’t want to go that way, you can always hire someone to do it for you.
Tools to use for game creation
- You can learn game development from Udemy
- To hire, you can use Fiverr (Affordable), CodeCanyon (fewer choices but affordable) or you can create a custom game by posting a project at Upwork (will cost you more).
- The last one is that you can use tools such as Buildbox to create these games.
The best thing that works for everyone is Fiverr. You can just hire people to create the game for you. It will cost you the least amount of money compared to any of them.
The screenshot is taken from Fiverr > Industries menu
#6 Work for a gaming company
The next way to make money gaming is by working for a game development company. There are thousands of game companies. They need various people who have specific skills. Some of the most needed candidates for a gaming company includes
- A game scriptwriter
- Game graphics designers
- Developer (of course)
- A marketer who will promote the games or decide the strategy
- Voiceover artist
These are the most common job roles that most of the gaming company needs. Along with there are some other posts too. This depends on the game. For instance, some game needs a video editor, music artist, customer support service, and various other people. So, if you are into any of these skill sets, you can surely work for a gaming company and make money playing games (testing it or creating it).
#7 Sell skins, assets, and mods
The next way to earn money with games is by selling skins and assets. Most games allow you to sell the skins. If you are a regular member of the stream, you might be knowing about this. You can sell your skins, mods, and even make money from gaming assets. However, it depends on the game.
Some games also allow you to sell the entire account. So, if you are at a specific level, you can sell the entire account. All your achievements, skins, and progress will be lost here. You can create an account and increase your level in the game. So, you can make money playing games.
#8 Other ways to make money playing games
These are some other ways you can make money playing games. We will gather some of the ways that are worth pointing out.
- You can surely become a gaming coach. Some people are willing to learn from you if you have the right skills. You can sell your services on Fiverr.
- You can flip games on Flippa. Buy a game and flip it for a higher price. Please note that it is not as easy as it looks. You will need the proper knowledge to do it. So, make sure you do your homework before you think about earning money this way.
- There are some websites through which you can make money playing games. Please note that it’s not an income but more like pocket money. If you like playing games for entertainment, it might give you a couple of dollars a week. You can use websites like Swagbucks, Inboxdollar, etc.
To conclude, this was all about how to make money gaming. We discussed the tops ways which will help you to make money by playing games. All of these work on every platform. However, as an individual, we suggest you start small. If you are not a professional player, don’t play on console or Twitch. These things are mostly for professional players.
Also, try to eliminate the competition by being unique. For instance, if you are a Youtube channel or streaming your gameplay, you can do the streams in a specific language to remove the competition. Lastly, if you are not yet clear on what you should do, you can try all of these things and then choose the one that is best for you. In this way, you can quickly know.
Another thing that you should know is about the reward games and refer and earn. Most of the articles will guide you to use games that pay you for referring or they pay you a few bucks if you win. You shouldn’t focus on those things more. It will just waste your time. You can’t just make money by rewards. Therefore, you either need to do the stream or it should be a big tournament.
Can I make money by playing games online?
Yes, you can make money by playing games. However, you will need some extra work like streaming the gameplay or uploading it.
Are there any ways to make money gaming?
Yes, there are many ways to make money gaming. You can become a streamer, upload gameplay videos, play tournaments, or sell your services.
Can the “Earn money gaming app” make me enough money?
No, you will only get small rewards with it which are enough to buy a coffee. It’s not an income.
Is it possible to earn money on android by playing games?
Yes, it is possible to earn money on android by playing games.